Tuesday, October 6, 2009

etc etc etc

Wow, I am now part of the blogging world. For those of you who have know me for more than 5 minutes you have most likely noticed that I love to talk. I have a lot of random thoughts and I decided that I might as well put them out in the wonderful internet world for all to read. Haha.

Thought number 1 that I have been dwelling on for weeks.
Do you know someone who acts really confident but you have the sneaky suspicion that they aren't? There is such a person in my life. She is lovely and nice and all those warm and fuzzy words but also she comes across like she has everything together. She talks like she has a lot of knowledge, especially in particular areas. She tells me what to do, tries to control me and then compliments me when I do something well that an ape could do. It's irritating! She means well, i know that. However, there is another side to this woman. She constantly asks me what I am doing, if she can do _____ and ______, if she did alright, how I felt about _____ or _____... etc etc etc ETC!!!! She doesn't seem to be comfortable being in charge or letting me be in charge (when those situations arise). She needs a lot of reassurance. I am not sure how to deal with this lady. Should i just keep on telling her "good job", "you did great!" etc (like you would to a child), or just tell her that she needs to let go and trust herself and me? I am getting to the point where I am having to tell myself quite frequently "take deep breaths Lael, it's ok, she just needs time to settle in, she will figure it out and find her place". I am not sure that this will help for much longer.
I have always struggled when it comes to having a backbone and sticking up for myself. Slowly over the last few years I have had some opportunities to work on this, but it doesn't come naturally. There are some parts of my life that require me to use this aquired skill. I am starting to see that maybe, just maybe I need to stop grumbling and actually talk to this lady. Awkward converstaions.......not my fav.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you. Yeah you've generally been a conflict avoider, from what I've seen ... luv ya ;) I think you'll do great if you decide to be frank with her. Maybe it'll really boost her confidence, especially if you can do it boldly but with encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that if you don't talk to her, you'll end up having SUCH a frustrating year. I'm quite a conflict avoider, too, so I know what you're going through. Is there a way that you can approach the situation in a way that you are in charge of the situation from the beginning, and so she isn't able to railroad you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely a strong personality... you can't even avoid and ignore... don't envy you.
    btw... I avoid avoid avoid... not saying its the right choice, but it is MY choice. =S

    ReplyDelete