Thursday, April 1, 2010

not just for children

after having a convo with my sis-in-law about my love of children's lit i thought i would share some of my favs with you periodically over the next couple of months. (are you enjoying all of my abbreving?)




this book makes me feel like i am not alone in this world as the soul picky eater. mary anne hoberman write about the Peter family and how each child (and there are many children) has their own issues with food. i especially love this book because it rhymes. the text flows so nicely. the end of each pages finishes off with the same 2 lines and I love how that ties it all together. when i read it to my class the kids chimed in for those lines once they caught on to the repetition. i liked how the were able to join in on the reading despite the fact that there were 20 of them and they couldn't see the words. :)


it's a delightful read. check it out!


1 comment:

  1. i haven't read this book before - i shall pick it up at the library. i'm looking forward to children's lit posts of the future!

    ReplyDelete