Thursday, February 28, 2013

Postpartum Depression: update

I think it's time for an update on how I have been since my previous post about postpartum depression.

I am doing GREAT! Honestly, the last few weeks I have felt back to my old self. I have energy, I feel excited about things, I rarely cry and I haven't had a panic attack in weeks! Yes I still get anxious at times but if I feel like it is leading to a panic attack I can take an Ativan (which has only happened 3 times in a month and NONE of those times have been when I was with Jacob ). I am caring for Jacob on my own. No more relying on others to be here with Jacob when I am home. I have been taking Jacob out places and his meals rarely stress me out (they used to be one of the major anxiety provoking times each day).

So much has changed! Clearly I had an unbalance in my body and my meds have fixed that. It was a rough few months but but worth it to feel the way I do now.

I am so thankful for the many people who have been praying for me. For those who brought us meals. For family and friends who babysat. For people who sent me cards, dropped off flowers, magazines and little gifts. I am SO blessed to have amazing people in my life!

1 comment: