Sunday, June 27, 2010
so i have this weird counting obsession. sometimes i feel like it controls me a little bit...which makes me think that it is OCDish. anyone i have ever told about this thinks it's kinda weird...cause it is. and now i am gonna let my readers see a little glimpse of my messed up mind.
i have a favourite number. that number is 12. i have always loved 12. my birthday is on the 12th, and it's in june which is the 6th month of the year which is half of 12. the first letter of my name is L and that is the 12th letter in the alphabet. i remember learning my 12 times table and i can recite them very quickly and i love knowing it. i also like knowing what numbers equal 12. those numbers that mainly stick out in my mind are 3, 4 and 6. those numbers play a BIG part in my counting obsession (but i won't get into that).
i often counted things. i wanted things to equal 12 or be a multiple of 12, but it was manageable until i got a cell phone plan that included texting. i liked to text using ABC (which means that for C you would press the #2 key 3 times, once for A, another time for B and a third time for C). i have that system memorized. you can say a letter and i can tell you immediately how many times i would need to press a certain key in order to get that letter. when i am watching TV, reading or talking with people certain words stick out to me. those words i count according to texting... (weird, i know) let me give you an example:
steve...s=4 t=1 e=2 v=3 e=2
when you add those numbers up they equal 12. yay! this makes for a peaceful lael.
here is where things get complicated...
weird...w =1 e=2 i=3 r=3 d=1
when those numbers are added up they equal 10...this is when weird math comes into place. i want it to equal 12. so what i have to do (this is all in my head) is make it equal 12...i am 2 short. if you divide 10 in half (giving me 2 extras (10+2=12)) you get 5. so what i need to do is add together the ones that equal 5 twice. so i would do this:
w+i+d (1+3+1)= 1 extra point (i now have 11)
e+r (3+3)= 1 extra point (and now i have 12!!!)
i know that this makes NO sense...but it's what i do. here is another example:
so this is when i use multiples of 12. i would now want it to equal 36. i need 3 more points to make it equal 36. there are 15 letters in CONGRATULATIONS so i know i can divide it by 3 and get 5. so i would put CONGR together as one point, ATULA as another and TIONS as the final point. now i have 36.
as i am writing this i am seeing even more how little sense this makes. :S....but regardless this is how my mind works. i REALLY wish i could stop. sometimes when i get really stuck on a word i have to work hard to convince myself to 'let it go'. i often am counting and don't even realize it. it's very much a habit now. one night my brother was over and he would say a word and ask me for the count and i would quickly tell him how much it equalled....he thought i was crazy....and fast. what is also weird about this is what i have had a blackberry for 2 years and i don't even use ABC texting anymore because my keyboard is different than that.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
option #2 - light blue background with a goldy/silvery design that is kind of shiny in certain angles
option #1 is on the RIGHT option #2 is on the LEFT
here is the bedding colours currently. i love this bed spread so it will stay but i am ok with having to part with the rust coloured pillows.
please comment here or on facebook and tell me what you think...even if your opinion is that you hate both. also, if you have paint colour thoughts let me know. i am a bit stumped.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
this summer is going to be weird. i am not going to camp for the first summer in at least 17 years (wow!) and up until this past week i had basically NO summer plans. i have been rather bummed about doing nothing this summer. now time is filling up a bit more. steve and i are going to go to my grandparent's cottage on San Juan Island for a few days in july. in august we hope to go somewhere....not sure where exactly. as much as our cruise was nice it came at a rough time for us and wasn't very enjoyable. hopefully this vacation will be more relaxing. i am also excited that my friend jen is coming to visit from toronto! it's been 3 years since we have seen each other!! i also want to paint our bedroom and wallpaper one of the walls. and i am going to see THE LION KING. it's gonna be awesome! finally i will finish the summer off with a labour day weekend tip to sun peaks with some girlfriends. i need to stop thinking that my summer is gonna suck and realize that it has TONS of potential to be really, really great!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
"auntie lael, guess what? i took 2 red bocce balls and put them in my shirt on my breasts and they made me look like a lady with big breasts." (she then looked at my chest) "but they weren't as big as yours"
HAHA too cute!
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
#4 grey gerber by ikabags
#5 another great bayanhippo bag, this one is called abanoz i would get this bag in grey, not red because i want it to be neutral
#6 bayanhippo again....modular messenger
and again i would get this is grey
i forgot this one!!!!!! i love the inside fabric
#7 beverly by christystudio
Monday, June 14, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
- being allergic to wheat and only being allowed to eat rice stuff (this is where my fear of barfing must have begun, since i threw up everytime i had wheat)
- going to grandpa murdoch's house for wednesday lunches where we always had the same thing. grilled cheese dipped in egg (this was after i got my wheat allergy), salt and vinegar potato chips, chocolate milk and a glazed doughnut from middlegate bakery (YUM!)
- staying after school to play piano for my grade 2 teacher Ms. Everett.
- getting a jasmine and aladdin poster and a lion king diary for one of my birthdays
- many, MANY summers spent at morning star bible camp
- AWANA on friday nights
- starting to play the drums in grade 7 band
- HATING the idea of moving from burnaby to langley...and hating my parents for making me move
- starting band and choir in grade 8 and being the only female drummer
- 2 high school trips to europe. so so many memories
- sleepovers with my 2 high school best friends, emma and melissa, in melissa's 'cabin'
- breaking the lamp shade above brandon's pool table
- eye surgery in grade 11
- meeting steve the first day of my grade 12 year at school
- taking steve as my grad date
- graduating from high school
- going to europe with my family
- getting my first car
- nannying alexandra and elizabeth. wishing the days would end but always sad when they did
- working at ABC Country Restaurant as a cook and HATING IT!
- being SO scared to start college
- going to england, wales and scotland with emma
- moving to seattle for 3 months and working at my grandparent's company
- going on a missions trip to ecuador where steve was sick the whole time
- my first ever REAL interview...and it was for the school district
- getting the job as a substitute
- getting engaged
- graduating from college
- my first year at LCS
- buying our first home
- our wedding day
- going to maui and staying in the most amazing hotel
- going on cruises with steve
- meeting new awesome people at LCS
- moving into our townhouse
.....ok this could go on FOREVER!